Friday, December 23, 2005

~ SO THIS IS CHRISTMAS ~

So, this is Christmas. I haven't posted anything for some time and I hope I can get through this posting. I am sooooooo not emotionaly prepared for this holiday. I have always been strongly tied to my family and that has not changed,nor will it ever.
I have had a rocky familial beginning and when I started with my very own family I swore that I would hold them all dear and close to my heart. I have and they have responded in kind. As a result we have become a very tight knit family,wanting no more than to share the company of one another.As often happens the best laid plans of mice and men at times don't pan out the way you think ,or would like.
This Christmas,the sole reason for "the magic" will not be here. I am so upset about this I have lost my joy about celebrating our Saviors birth. I will reflect appropriately on the birth of Christ and the Christmas story but I`m so sorry to tell you Virginia..........there really isn't a Santa. After nearly sixty yearsof my believing and seeing the miracle happen,this year santa really isn't comming.As a matter of fact i'm not sure that he will ever come again. My entire innocence has been lost this holiday season and I truly feel like this has been a set back that I will never get over.
For all of you out there who still believe.........Merry Christmas enjoy the holiday and all that it represents. As for me and my broken spirit...........Bah Humbug.

3 comments:

GUYK said...

Ahh, brother, the spirit is never broken, only bent. You and your family are what matters and the rest don't mean nothin'. Merry Christmas my friend.

Northwoods Woman said...

Merry Christmas honey. You're not alone hugs.

Bonita said...

Keep your chin up - holidays can be tough when there are ups and downs. Imagine summer, lemonaide, and a gentle breeze. Works sometimes.