Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Beginning Of The Process

As I promised, I would keep everyone updated as to my progress in the ordeal to get the gastric by-pass surgery that hopefully will allow me to get my life back. Next week the testing begins in earnest. I have been on a supervised weight loss program for the last six months, and now that that aspect has been completed next week seems to be filled with the testing process. I have to go to the hospital for two consecutive days to get a stress test. This will be a chemically induced stress situation as my damaged leg will not allow me to actually walk the dreaded treadmill.They will inject me with some sort of stimulant to mimic physical effort on my part and then take x - rays of my heart. I will have to return the next day for another injection and more heart x - rays. They day after that, I must report to a Gastro-Enterologist to get examined for a colonoscopy and a endoscopy. I hope they can do them both in the same day,but needless to say, I trust different scopes.Once these are completed they will decide if moving along is warranted and if so, the next step is a physcological evaluation to see if i'm doing this for all the right reasons. I am sure that they will not mistake me for a annorexic wannabe. I must also get extensive blood work prior to the surgery and then I can finally get on with the process. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.......I will post more as soon as I know more. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Northwoods Woman said...

Of course you are in my prayers hun. good luck.

Saphyre Rose said...

I hope your doctors are faster than my doctors!
I have been on my pain pump waiting list for 4 months...I am a bit sick of it.

Your sister
Rose