Saturday, April 01, 2006

~ One More Step ~

As promised another update on my gastric by-pass path. I ask myself sometimes why people get frustrated about things and it is a process like this that brings clarity to me. I was scheduled for the stress test part of the process on Wednesday and was to call in on Tuesday for instructions. As per my directions I did so and was told that I could not take the test because they neglected to inform me at my Doctors office that I was to not take my breathing medications for the two days prior to the test and my diabetic med the day of the test. This translates into another week lost till I can reschedule. OK get over it no big deal. I am rescheduled for this week coming up for that. I had that aspect resolved and could move on to getting a colonoscopy and a endoscopy performed. I show up at this doctors office, and the doctors wife is his secretary and receptionist.....1st warning sign was they called four hours before my scheduled apt. Time and rescheduled me six hours later because the doctor had a emergency. As far as I am concerned those things happen but usually not six hours in advance. 2nd warning sign...... I am the only patient there,hmmmmmmmmm. The receptionist / secretary / wife / concubine,shows me to a exam room where I spend the next hour waiting for the good doctor to show up. Being a observant type I check out the room and it's furnishings and supplies. I notice only one exam glove left in the box. A trash receptacle that is over flowing with the somewhat disgusting traces of prior exams and worst sin of worst sins ,the trash can liner is a simple trash bag like you would use at home as opposed to a red bio - hazard bag as required by law, considering what is contained in this vessel. The exam room in general ,has a palor of a over used,run down ,cheap motel. 3 rd warning sign..........Doc finally shows and wants to know before even even exchanging niceties how do I intend to pay, and was I aware that he only accepts cash for my co-pay.I am beginning to doubt that this physcian and his obvious dedication to upholding the Hippocratic Oath is going to be appropriate for me. He will do I believe, for these testing processes, but I am so glad that the caregiver I have selected to do my surgery, is clearly superior to this poor excuse for a doctor. He may even be the poster boy for malfeasence. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Northwoods Woman said...

OH man that sounds like a back ally abortion clinic!

Anonymous said...

I would have gone to another quack.