Thursday, April 26, 2007

~ I'M BACK ~

Somewhat like General Mac Arthur, well,minus the corn cob pipe,steely glare,commanding presence,and being run out of town, I am finally back and feeling quite well. I am now nearly two weeks post surgery and have had my first check up and doing quite well. After 11 days I have lost 12 lbs and I feel nearly as fit as a fiddle.The rate of weight loss with the banding process is slower than the more radical procedures, but my deteriorated health demanded that I have the banding. The surgeon determined that I would not survive the more radical process called the ROU- EN- Y. I honestly think that I am better off with the banding because the weight loss is more gradual and therefore more healthy.There are many stories of people loosing their hair,and even malnutrition. I truly don't need any of that.
Before I sign out of here for today I want to thank all of you kind readers for your well wishes,thoughts, and of course prayers. I am so very lucky to be alive and be able to be here to tell you folks of my experience. I will truly make a more concerted effort to post more frequently and not disappoint those kind people who have become my readers.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Welcome back, and good luck with your journey!

GUYK said...

Good to hear bro..and you are right..a gradual weight loss with a change in lfe style is a hell of a lot healthier.

I dropped a lot of weight last year..and thus far have kept it off but it is tough to remember hat I just can't eat hat stuff and keep the blubber off of me.

Good luck and hang in there