Thursday, July 05, 2007

Fourth Of July

Hello Readers..... It has been far too long since I posted anything. The reality of it is that I haven't felt motivated enough to write anything at all since my surgery. My wife has also had her shoulder surgically repaired so that has kind of dampened my enthusiasm somewhat. Hopefully these difficult times have passed. I have lost approximately 45 pounds since my surgery and as a result I am feeling considerably better and even breathing better. I suppose that is a good thing that will allow me to take better care of my wife. Now to the reason I felt motivated to post today......


Very simply put, yesterday was our nations celebration of our founding . We are without doubt one of the mightiest nations on earth. We also claim to have one of the worlds best equipped and trained army. I suppose we could show our might by parading our military up and down the street in front of the White House. Showing our strengths by displaying our Army for the world to see. Displaying our most impressive weaponry for the world to see .Beating our collective breasts to show off our prowess.......BUT........ We don't.......

We celebrate this most important day by having family picnics...Backyard BB Q's...lazing around reading a book or maybe watching a old movie or two on the television... And that is what makes our nation great ..... the simple fact that we don't feel obligated to show off, to flaunt our might to the world. We, very simply, enjoy the freedoms the fore-fathers thought were our God given rights. I hope your holiday was as wonderful as mine was and as touching as my feelings when watching the local fireworks display my heart and mind reflected on the "Bombs bursting in air,gave proof through the night that our flag was still there..."

God Bless America,my home sweet home.........

4 comments:

GUYK said...

Good to see you posting again and congrats on the weight loss. I had lost 80 pounds since Jan 2006 but found 12 of it while I was on the road for two and a half months in our RV. Now I'm home it is back to that gotdam rabbit food until I get it off.

Anonymous said...

... where you at?....

Eric

Anonymous said...

.. I hope that you and the missus are alright...

Eric

Michael Grant said...

are you not blogging anymore?

mike grant
yawzer.com
drinkironcity.com