Friday, February 25, 2005

Pristene Beauty

It snowed again yesterday which in and of itself is no suprise but overnight we also got some freezing rain. This morning when the sun rose it looked like a crystal palace. Nature has so many faces ranging from abject horror to one of the most breathtaking scenes I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. It looked like a giant snow crystal this morning and it made all the shoveling and salt spreading worthwhile. If it would always look this beautifull I would have no objection to living above the Mason- Dixon line. I don`t suppose that will ever occur though so someday maybe I can get where the weather and the people are so much gentler and easier on my fragile pysce.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Nature, in all her beauty, can also be heart breaking. I noticed in your profile that you were a Navy combat photographer. Do you ever share any of your photos, or are you allowed?
Thanks for the comment on my blog this morning. Sounds like you raised the same kind of younguns I did! *S*