Monday, November 14, 2005

Are You As Fed Up As Me?

I have had a occasion to contact one of my utilities and I am in such a state of anger about it that I finally had to bring it to the blogworld and see if it is just me or is anyone else as fed the hell up with the answering process used by most utilities and big bussiness.
Here in Pennsylvania I have the sad misfortune to have my electricity supplied by Allegheny Power. I am very satisfied with the level of service they provide and the dependability of service BUT just try and get them on the phone and my friend you will jump through hoops trying to get human to speak with.
I have been on the phone for a total of 2 hours and five min already counting both phone calls. I called 1-800- blah blah and a automated system kicks in and you must answer three hundred or so questions before you get to the point where you can punch in that I will hold for a live representitive. Along the way I put my phone on speaker so that I don't have to hold it to my ear. Occasionally a voice breaks in saying that everyone is to busy to talk to me and if I still wish to hold please press #1 if I want to leave a message please press 2 and if you would like to start over please press 3. Before I could believe my ears on that option it was to late to press option 1 ...continue to hold. A generated voice came on and said goodbye ......click.
I am really ticked off now and still not having resolved my problem this freakin machine hung up on me . So i called back and weaved my way through the process again and I am waiting till someone answers so that I may apprise them of my opinion of the quality of service. I know at the first sign of @%$#^*&&&(*))*%%##%^^%#$^%^ that they so hartily deserve that they will hang up on me but by golly I am gonna abuse that poor persons ears.

5 comments:

GUYK said...

Most of the time when the automated crap starts with the numbers to push just push 0 and it will connect you toa live operson, Now whether the live person knows a damn thing or not is usualy questionable but I usually get a live person that way. This procedue is because some people still have dial phones.

Bonita said...

Just don't pay the bill. Then, they'll call you.

Michele said...

It isn't just the utilities company; try getting a live person on any service related call! But, as bonita said, don't pay the bill and they'll call you real quick. Too bad we can't make them press the numbers to speak to us!

GUYK said...

Hey bro, have a good one and don't eat too much of that yard bird! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Northwoods Woman said...

Isn't technology wonderful? *sarcasm*