Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Its About Time

Today is International Womans Day and I would like to take this chance to honor three wonderfull women in my life. First and foremost is my lovely wife of nearly thirty-five years. She has been there every time I have ever stumbled and I will never be able to thank her sufficiently for bearing two fine sons for me. She has cooked and cleaned and gotten out of bed in the middle of the night to feed me cause she thought I might be hungry.The truly amazing thing about this is she has done it all with love in her heart. I will be the first to admit that I don`t deserve to touch the hem of her skirt and perhaps someday I will be able to thank her enough for teaching me the value of telling the truth. It was the single hardest lesson for me to learn and she tought it to me gently and with love and compassion in her heart. The second woman I want to honor is my baby sister. When all around her thought her fight was over she battled on and has become a cancer survivor for almost 23 years now. She was single handedly responsible for raising a fine young man who is currently serving our great country right now. She is artfull, compassionate, and a healer. She has always been my biggest supporter in anything I ever did and not once in her life did she ever reproach me for all the times I let her down. Not too long ago she stated that I was her hero which touched me more than I can say. Oh did I say she was cute as all get out? The third woman I would like to honor and thank is my friend Linda who has been the greatest friend a person could want. She stuck by me in some of my darkest hours and her faith in God helped me find my way. I will always be greatfull to her for that one single candle she held out for me so that I can see.Thank you Ladys from the bottem of my heart.

3 comments:

Michele said...

What a wonderful tribute to the women in your life!

Lee said...

Uh oh. You're eventually going to have to answer to mom for this one.

Saphyre Rose said...

Your my big teddy bear of of a brother. Who else would I love?
Sorry I haven't been around...I haven't been well and I have a warden for a husband.