Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Terror Strikes Home..........Again

Today I want to address terrorism,not in Iraq or Afganistan or even Mogadishou. I want to speak to a attack that is happening right here on the Mother Land. It is striking one of the basic tennants of America. One of the principles our great country is founded on.
Religous freedom. To those who know me, I am far from the kind of person who insists that you do as I do or that has to stop. I, as my father before me and my youngest son after me defended the Constitution of the United States of America. And today that very same constitution is under attack.It is under attack from within. I remember, as a young lad, all of the neighbors encircling our television (yes I was fortunate enough to have the only tv on the block) and watching the Russian Premier Nikta Kruschev, remove his shoe in the halls of the United Nation and shout that "we will overcome the United States from with in" as he beat his shoe on the desk in front of him for emphesis.
People we are under attack from a good idea gone bad. The Civil Liberties Union.A rite of passage for a lot of American male youths was the scouting program You started out as a cub scout,moved on to boy scout as your skills and your age increased and finally as you came into maturity there were the Eagle scouts to help that tranistion. Scouting preached the tennats to always be prepared. To serve your community. To be thrifty, clean,reverant. and that is where the trouble stems from. The American Civil Libertys Union now is holding our government hostage. They are insisting that the military"throttle back the support of the boy scouts" this would affect about 450 troops , most of them outside of the United States. The feeling of the ACLU is that parents can find sponsorship outside of the military bases. No big deal
On the contrary, it IS a big deal.One that is symptomatic ofof a larger assault on faith and its place in our society.The ACLU wants the boy scouts removed from public places because the Scout Oath refers to a higher power. The ACLU contends that that even a nondenominational reference to God is a misuse of tax dollars,or perhaps even a violation of the law.
We need to understand that much of our countrys basis is founded on religous freedom. Our president and all other officers of our legislative system take a oath with their right hands placed on the bible. When I enlisted in the military I placed my hand on that bible and swore allegience to this great country. When one is called on to testify in a court of law You place your hand on the bible and swear to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Our Supreme court justices all took the very same oath and how many times have you yourselves said " I swear to God".
The Department Of Defence is rolling over for the ACLU and at the same time requiring our brave men and women in our armed forces to stand firm against terror ,even at the price of their own lives. The Boy Scouts of America, help make this one nation of ours......This nation under God........... a little more indivisible. The ACLU is trying to erase faith from the military and when you are fighting a war sometimes that is all you have.
At least that is the way I see it here at Arathorns Alley.

No comments: