Monday, July 11, 2005

A Journey Begins........

Well friends , I have decided that I will recieve many theraputic benefits from sharing my ordeal with you kind readers so I suppose I should start at the beginning.
About five years ago I fell from my roof and severely damaged my leg and foot. It was such a severe injury that it prevented me from working again. I ended up going on social security disability.
I could do nothing at all. Almost any activity was prohibited by the pain that that being on my leg/foot would bring. Needless to say I grew. People would bring me pies,cookies,cakes,feed me,all given in the name of love and so greatfully accepted.The pounds added up and soon I was a extra person. I have ended up with severe breathing problems, and a over taxed heart. I can`t lose weight by any traditional method because at this point I am so debilitated I can`t stand any activity. It is such a ordeal to bathe that it requires me stopping many times in order to get my breath. My body aches from head to toe due to fibromyalsia and the inalbility of my normal sized lungs to get enough oxygen to exchange my blood gasses. OH I forgot to mention I smoked like a old Dodge and as a result have emphysema also.
Well enough about the downside of this I have decided on a course of action which I hope helps me save my life. I have a great deal to live for and I want to live and see what my future has in store. I, after, much discussion with my physcian and my family and efforts of traditional dieting will attempt to go through the gastric by-pass process. I will be meeting with my doc this week to attempt to schedule a intial visit with a gastroenterologist who I hope can manage my case from beginning to end. I will keep all posted here as to my progress and I also hope to continue my meager attempts at writings that affect me enough for me to comment on these issues.
Let me say before this begins that I am hopefull that this will help me regain my life and help me get in good enough shape so that I can enjoy it.I will keep you all posted.

3 comments:

Pammy said...

Yes, please DO keep us posted. I briefly considered it myself. But, since I have no insurance, I had to figure out something else...or die. It becomes pretty simple when you look at it that way.

Michele said...

Good luck on your journey! I have heard that sometimes there are long waits for the surgery; let's hope in your case that isn't true.

Greg Beck said...

good luck with everything