Tuesday, January 17, 2006

He Said WHAT??????????????

I could NOT believe my ears and eyes as i lay complacently in my bed. While watching the evening news. The mayor of New Orleans had claimed that he was having a conversation with Dr. Martin Luther King who, if I remember correctly, is as dead as my great great grandmother. He went on to say the Dr MLK told him that God is angry with the United States for being in a immoral war in Iraq and that is why he has brought all these hurricanes to our shores and caused so much destruction. He went on to say that New Orleans should from here on out be a chocolate city, peopled by chocolate people, and rebuilt with chocolate money( I hope this last part is true) Dr MLK is also very angry about the way the black people were neglected during Katrina. I thought I had somehow slept the week through and it was Saturday Night Live,but it wasn't. This idiot was REALLY saying these emmensly stupid things. I think I understand why New Orleans had so much difficulty during Katrina. Mayor Ray doesn't have the sence that God gave a goose. He neglected to call help in untill the situation was so bad that no one could get out of New Orleans and no one could get in either. This once great city was not neglected it simply was mishandled by this bufoon. As a responsible official he should be mandated to promote unity and a a team spirit in rebuilding the city. It is a huge job and it can't be done over night or even with all possible help and unlimited funds New Orleans could never be restored in less than five years. I have some experience in this field. My home was flooded in 1985 and as yet I am not fuly restored. The house is fixed so that it is usable but I have not recovered some of the things that I lost. I never will and I didn`t blame it on anyone........... The rain came down ,the water rose. No ones fault. Shit happens. Did I call out for my comunity to be a white bread town? No that would of marked me as next in line for the looney bin. I think that is where Mayor Ray needs to be put and the key thrown away. At least that is the way I see it here at my end of Arrathorns Alley.

2 comments:

Northwoods Woman said...

*applauds*!

Saphyre Rose said...

I heard from someone living there that there is a big push by Evangelicals there to clean up NOLA. They said God punished them by bring the den of eniquity to its knees. Hmmm, they never heard of getting a hurricane in HURRICANE COUNTRY?
IF the whole sin issue was relevent, why did the French Quarter stay high and dry? That is the place to go to in NOLA. That is where the Mardis Gras starts and ends and it is in great shape. I just got a care package of french Biegnets mix and some Cafe DuMonde coffee. According to Wyllow, the bars in the French Quarter were open the day after Katrina went through. They ran on generators, but they were open.
So much for that theory.