Wednesday, June 14, 2006

One Small Step For Mankind....A Hell Of A Leap For Me

As I have posted previously one more step has been taken towards my by-pass surgery. I passed my stress test (I'm not sure if that means I have plenty of stress or my stress levels are low)regardless though, I have scheduled for the Endoscopy and Proctoscope .By mid July ,as far as I can tell all i will have to do is get through the physcological evaluation and I will be ready for the surgery. I truly had no idea that it would of taken as long as it has.
I will never look like the guy in the photo that I have posted,nor do I want to . Geeze the guy is as bald as a Q ball!! I have come to terms with the fact that I will never have a athletic body. As a matter of fact I would look silly if I did. But the dream of being fit enough to be able to do things for myself is certainly starting to come into my mind. Perhaps walk the 300 feet or so to the river and fish a little or be able to tie my own shoes. I don't know how I got this fat but I do know that it will be nice being a little smaller. A man can dream can't he?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

GUYK said...

Good luck bro. It takes a lot of courage to do what you are getting ready to do. I have managed to come down from close to 300 # to 240# since January and hope to lose another 30 which will put me fair shape--at least not shaped like a beer barrel--for my 6'2". It is a tough road but not near as tough as the surgery. keep in touch, here?