Thursday, June 29, 2006

~ R.I.P~ THE AMERICAN WAY~

Today is one of the saddest days of my life. I say this unequivocally,without reservation. I say this bearing in mind all the tradgedys that this life has seen fit to deal me as my hand.Today one more little piece,one small piece of what I hold dear has been taken away. Not for its becoming broken or outdated or even out of fashion,but for it losing it's potential for making a profit. To increase it's profitability in the "World Market".Like some kind of diseased whore......"I'm only in it for the money."
I'm sure by now some of my readers are wandering just what I am going on about....well in the new Superman movie they have eliminated a part of his creed. From day one Superman stood for "Truth, Justice, and the American Way.This was something solid. Something we could hang on to. Something children could hold near and dear. A sort of guide to live your life by. Goals to try and emulate. Knowing these things to be good and right and proper. The "American Way" we would defend to the end if necessary the "American Way" regardless what its cost is.We would and did sacrifice those lives in huge numbers to promote the American Way. Don't believe me? Think I'm over reacting? Look at the endless rows of white crosses ,standing as a mute tribute, to the "American Way" at Arlington National cemetery perhaps gaze at that strangely quiet field known as Flanders Field in France. These people, knew the value of the "American Way"
they paid the price to spread that word.
Look at our borders. People are trying desperately to find a way to get here. To enjoy "The American Way" they risk their lives as a matter of routine, just to be here,to breathe the free air to be allowed to do as they please,when the want to.The "American Way" has immeasurable value and yet Hollyweird says because they want to make more money,to increase their profitability they eliminate the phrase "The American Way" from Supermans creed.
I feel this is a act of treason . It is so insidious. It whittles aways one more little piece of American uniqueness.For money,.......money. They sold out the hopes and dreams and sacrifices of untold numbers of people for money. Is there a word that is dispicable enough to describe them ?If there is I would love to know it. I would love to shout it from the mountaintops. From shore to shore of this great country. God bless America and may God bless and keep "The American Way"
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

GUYK said...

RIGHT ON BRO

Saphyre Rose said...

It's over for us. This once great country is on its ass. Let's face it. Would our mothers and fathers have already forgottena bout September 11th?

When Pearl Harbor happened we fired up our factories and got the war machines ready to fight. We are whimpering like whipped puppies. No one remembers because the our country's attitude is one of money and making the rest of the world happy.

You know my opinion on the rest of the world? We OWN them. We have paid for their bills and rebuilt them after how many wars and yet they give US the finger. I don't think so. Let me in the Oval office for 1 year, we will see what a real super power could do.

You know why France has the best chefs? They learned cooking for the GERMANS!

Sorry about the rant. I see so many around here who need to be in the service for a while and teach them something about what they seem to think they DESERVE without any work for it.

Your baby sister, the avenging angel!