Wednesday, October 19, 2005

~ One More Step ~

Yesterday was a truly wasted day. I went to the Doctors for a 8:30 Am appointment and he showed up around 11:00 and considering that I wasn't first I had to wait even after that.Finally He came into my room looking suprised to see me. "what brings you in today ? I wondered why on earth he would ask that when written on my chart in his own illegible chicken scatch follow up apptment in two weeks.He asked me to weigh in again apparently he had forgotten his scale wasn't up to the job.He cleared his throat in his most docterly manner and asked "well, are you ready to start on a licquid diet? " Appearently he forgot that I told him the time before last that I was there that I couldn't afford the nearly 200 bucks a month that that would cost. I informed him as much and he told me that He is ready for me to partake in a six month supervised dietary program. I informed him that I didn't think that I would still be alive in six months and he nodded and said to his nurse get him fixed up with the nutrishinist They informed me at the desk that I should return on the 11 of November to begin my 6 month diet. and todays visit will be 25 dollars thank you very much.I think it will be a miracle if I live long enough to even see a freakin surgeon. Wish me luck I need to learn patience and I mean NOW

2 comments:

Pammy said...

Oh, how completely frustrating for you!
Do you have an appointment with a surgeon yet? Or does he want to wait the six months before referring you? If that's the case, I believe I'd make another appointment and be VERY firm. Tell him you can't afford the liquid diet stuff...you can't afford to wait six months...and you'd like a referral...NOW.

GUYK said...

That's tough man, I am with you though. I am a foodaholic and a diabetic and the two ain't compatable. Trying to eat the right things and keep the blood sugar down and still keep the weight off-damn.

I think that if you can you might want to find another doc and get some more opinions.A hell of a lot of the time it is a gland problem as well as an overeating problem--I just like groceries too much