Thursday, October 13, 2005

~ Things That Make You Go HMMMM ~

As I sat this morning in the exquisite calm and quiet of my kitchen , slowly sipping that elixer of the Gods that help me make it through the day, I reached for the remote control (funny now that things have remotes that it is considered broken and unusable because you would have to get up and manually adjust it ) and absently pressed the power button. It hummed and whirred and brightened the room and before I could get another sip of coffee the news story flashed to the hospital room of a 38 year old woman who had just given birth to her sixteenth child. Her family encircled her bed and I realized that it would be decades before she would ever have the ultimate treat of a quiet morning and a good hot cup o joe. The poor dear said they were considering having more children in the future but damn just damn aint that enough? My mother in law always said that you can eat sugar till it tastes like salt and I imagine that she should have a pretty salty taste in her mouth by now.

3 comments:

Don said...

We're probably feeding their whole family through welfare.

I mean... Seriously. Who wants that many kids in this day and age, unless they're getting paid for them? Even then, it takes a special kind of person (crazy).

GUYK said...

there ain't even enough tax break for sixteen kids to make it worth while. back in the old days when kids were raised to help on the farm in might have made sense but I don't think so. maybe no one has explained to them what causes babies?

Saphyre Rose said...

People have no sense. Mother Earth is running out of both room and resources for so many people.
Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.