Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mothers Day

I suppose if we all look way down in the bottem of our wallets or purses we would all find a I.O.U. like this one...................

Mom ...I.O.U. for so many things,so many services like,Night Watchman for instance.For lying awake nights,listening for coughs,crys,creaking floorboards and me comming in way too late.You had the eye of a eagle and the roar of a lion. But you always had a heart as big as a house.
I.O.U. for services as a short order cook,a baker,a chef,for being able to make sirloin out of hamburger and turkey out of tuna fish and two strapping boys out of left overs.
I.O.U. for cleaning services,for the daily scrubbing of faces and ears, all that work done by hand all those frequent dustings of a smal boys pants to make sure he lead a spotless life. For washing and ironing no cleaning service could ever do.For drying the tears of childhood, and ironing out the problems of growing up.
I.O.U. for services as a body guard, for protecting me from the terrors of a thunderstorm, or nightmares,and too many green apples.
I.O.U. for medical attention like nursing me through measels, mumps bumps, bruises,spring fever, splinters and lets not forget medical advise like don`t scratch it or it will never heal or don't cross your eys like that or they will stick that way or maybe most important of all make sure you have clean underwear on in case your in a accident.
I.O.U. for vetinary services,for feeding every lost dog I brought home and for healing the pain of puppy love.
I.O.U. for entertainment,it kept the household going through some pretty tough times and for makin believe come true on a very limited budget. And another thing Mom......................
I.O. U. for construction work for building kites,and confidence and hopes and dreams and somehow you made them all soar and touch the sky.Also for cementing a family together so that it would survive the worst kinds of shocks and blows,and also for laying down a good foundation that you can build a life on.
I.O.U for carrying charges like carrying me on your books for things a small boy really needs to have,like maybe that pair of high top boots with the little pocket on them for my jack knife. One thing I will never forget iswhen there were three hungry people, and only two pieces of apple pie, how suddenly you remembered you didn't like apple pie.
Well those are just a few of the.things that are long overdue. The person I owe them to,worked very cheap. She managed to get by by doing without a whole lot of things she needed herself. My I.O.U.'s add up to a whole lot more than I could ever hope to repay, and the nicest part of it all is she would mark it all Paid In Full for four little words........Mom, I Love You.

3 comments:

Michele said...

What a wonderful post to what must be a wonderful woman!

Saphyre Rose said...

Give your sweet wifey those IOU's for me, will ya?
I love her like a mother.
Afterall, she taught me about 'monthly changes' when I was 12 and a few other things that a little girl/woman needed deperately to know about.
Like how to save my sanity in that house of ours! LOL!

Arathorn said...

you of all people know who the post is truly for.huggers.