Tuesday, May 24, 2005

It's About Time

I am so tired of hearing negitive comments about our militarys involvment in the Middle East and how the general populace is not happy for us to be there. Our brave troops are doing a fantastic job of trying to bring freedom to a country that has never know what it means to wake up free.On Sunday night the only reality show I watch ......... Extreeme Home Makeover built a house for a family who lost there daughter in Iraq. They also built a Veterans center in their community for the other Veterans in the area.These people are to be commended for their efforts to recognize a familys loss to bring a Democratic government to Iraq. On monday I watched Jessica and Nicks tour of duty. Jessica Simpson and her husband, Willy Nelson,Big and Rich (A country band) and several other people went to Ramstein AFB and then on to Iraq to entertain the troops. I must say I am very proud of them for taking the time, the risk and making it all happen. I know that it made our troops feel good to know someone cares.

2 comments:

Lee said...

Entertaining the troops was a nice thing to do. I just hope that Jessica didn't sing for them- that would have been considered a war crime. As nice as she is to look at, she has to be the absolute worst singer, bar none. PeeWee Herman could carry a tune better.
Unless she was there to compete in a wet t-shirt contest, I think I would have volunteered for KP duty that day...

Saphyre Rose said...

Having Jessica Simpson to sing to the troops should be considered military punishment.
That Is a war crime the very idea that she thinks she can sing.
She is no Ann Margaret.