Sunday, June 12, 2005

9/11 Revisited

I was flipping through the stations this morning (what did I do before remotes) and happened upon CNN`s coverage. It is their 25 th anniversery. The idea was to show the top news storys of the past 25 years. I happened to tune in at the beginning of the attacks on the Twin Towers on 9/11. It still hurts,these many years later, it still hurts. It brought tears to my eyes and a rage to my heart I had the same stupid idea that American soil was sacrosanct.......I was wrong along with millions of Americans and citizens of other countries also.The idea that innocents can be killed to prove a point is wrong just wrong. Terrorism is brutal and shocking and on the surface it seems like it will actually call attention to your cause. It does all right, not the sort of attention that brings resolution, but the kind that angers a nation and a world and turns all of their resourses towards irradicating this open sore of terrorism from the how to manuals of activists world wide.
At least that is the way I see it here on Arathorns Alley.

No comments: