Monday, June 27, 2005

Five Brief Moments In Time

I was thinking this morning just how many really important, meaningfull moments we have in our long (I hope) lives. I started thinking of my own experiences and and came to realize that there are not all that many moments that change either your outlook or even actually change your life.
I therefore decided to set five of my magical mystical moments on this blog to share with the world. I hope you will share five of your special moments with me.
1. When I took the oath of alligence to the United States of America when I joined the Navy. I learned that when someone takes a oath it is forever and that if you are going to swear you must be ready to live up to it. I served honorably and with pride and I would go again in the morning because my oath didn`t end with my enlistment.
2. The specific moment in time when I realized how little others opinions mean to me.I am the one I must look at in the mirror and I am the one that I must please. Anyone elses opinions mean nothing because I am the one who knows my true motivations.
3. I will combine two moments to make my third entry, when my sons were born. I knew in my heart that there was a greater force in life than me. I knew that there would be the chance at imortality that my offspring would provide me. Their lives provided such joy to me it is impossible to begin to tell even a smidgen of it,but it was as exciting as anything could ever be and went by in a blur.
4. When I saw my baby son graduate Parris Island and become a U.S. Marine. I knew that all that I had done,all that I had sacrificed,came to fruition in his life. He carried on in my tradition and that in and of itself gave value to my earlier sacrifices.
5. I became seriously ill and lapsed into a coma. I woke 5 days later and that time taught me how many cared and how many loved me. I never realized previously how many truly cared. Now I do
Well there are five changing moments in my life if you have a moment leave a comment with yours, or,at least contemplate them and see the great things that have been given you.

1 comment:

Michele said...

One of my greatest moments came this weekend when my baby boy married. When we danced our 'mother/son' dance, I realized that he will always be my baby boy, but now he is someone else's husband. He is a wonderful man now, but somehow I still remember him as an infant in my arms!