Wednesday, August 31, 2005

A Disaster Of Epic Magnitude

My heart goes out to all these poor people who fell to Hurricane Katrina.There is no firm number of dead, they don`t even know how many may be missing. There will be bodies turning up for months on end.There are tens of thousands homeless. They have only what they carry on their backs. They are suddenly homeless and unemployed. Many people will return to find their family homes simply gone. Others will return to find their home untouched in the middle of destruction,for who knows what reason.There is probably 100,000 or more who as I write this are hungry hot and homeless.
If you can donate to the Salvation Army first or the American Red Cross. They will both do a great job of trying to help. I suggested the Salvation Army first because characteristicaly they are there before the red cross shows up.
Keep these people in your prayers and thoughts, if anyone needs it it is them.

3 comments:

GUYK said...

I am also recommending the Salvation Army. They have always done the most with the money that they have at their disposal.

This is a horrible thing that has happened. I can only watch the news reports a little at a time before I am overcome with the sick feeling in my gut.

Arathorn said...

Guy ,it is a horrible thing to see, now anarchy is beginning in the streets of New orleans. Tey are shooting at the people who are trying to bring help.Circumstances such as these sometimes brings out the best in peopleoften times it also brings out the bad.

GUYK said...

On a lighter side-you have been tageed to tell the whole world about your reading ahbits. maeve got me and I had to find five of my readers that I figured that read something other than blogs! You are one of the lucky five.