Saturday, August 13, 2005

} SUNRISE {

I woke this morning,as usual at 5 am. It was that certain kind of quiet that comes just befoore the day. Even the birds are still as they try to get the last five minutes of sleep before the world rushes in and the day begins.The air was still not even the slightest breeze stirred yet.
I stumbled through my morning abolutions and made my way to the kitchen. My shaking hand successfully poured the water into the coffee pot and almost instantly the aroma of what America is waking up to, filled the room. I poured a cup and headed to my back deck. I am so blessed to live where I do. I live on a river and it is, in my opinion, one of the few pristeen areas I have ever been to. Across the river is what most flat landers would call a mountain but in truth is only a good sized hill. It is tree covered and in the fall a portrait of a million colors is presented to me everyday.
This day as I sipped my coffee I looked to the east and saw a brightening in the sky and once more the world has come full circle and I was to be blessed with another day. Soon the entire sky had brightened and I could see the river. It was still and looked like a mirror. I could make out the image of the mountain behind it between the whisps of vapor riseing from the water.
The birds began their racous shouting to their friends and I was treated to a beautifull song to enjoy as I sipped my coffee. A gentle breeze stirred the mist from the face of the river and as the breeze stiffened it gently disturbed the surface of the river.
Small ripples covered the surface as the sun burst above the mountain and as the suns rays struck the river it seemed as though there were a billion diamonds scattered there. They sparkled and glistened and it was almost to pretty to look at.
I am so blessed to live here.

2 comments:

GUYK said...

Nice view. And nicer words. I envy you the view and the words. I used to live in the woods but now it has all developed around me and there are people on all four sides. Still quiet and peaceful-most of the time but I still miss the solitute of the woods. Sometimes at night I just go out on my back porch and listen to the night sounds and enjoy nature. Of course when the neighbors cat start their fight-or whatever-the peace is broken and its time to go back in.

Bonita said...

You used the word 'ablutions' - very good word, for spirit cleansing, and your view and the morning did it.