Monday, January 29, 2007

~ I YAM WHAT I YAM ~

To quote Poop Deck Pappy "I yam what I yam" these are words to live by. After it is all said and done, it breaks down to mean, we are, after all the protestations, objections, posturing, downright denying that we are not what we appear to be, the simple truth is we are. WE ARE, and there is nothing we can do about that. Nor is there anything we should do about that. Very simply put, we are what we are and we should be proud of that.Understanding this basic tenant of life lead me to seriously wonder just what in the world all the hoop la is about concerning a simple slip of the tongue by "Greys Anatomy "co-star Isaiah Washington. It started way back in October of last year and more or less there was a minor verbal exchange between himself and a co-star T.R. Knight.It remains unknown what started the exchange but I would almost bet the ranch that it didn't just fall out of his mouth but was more than likely coaxed out by some sort of unwanted comment by Mr. Knight. We can only guess what it may of been. It has the potential to range from "Have a not so nice day" to the dreaded N word. We don't know, and I would be willing to bet once more that no one even remembers.
Mr. Washington DEEPLY regrets having said that his co-worker was a faggot. This is another word that people who chose this life style wish desperately not to be called.There seems to be a question as to weather or not you are given the chance to choose your life style or if you are very simply ....born to it. I personally feel you are born to be what you ultimately grow up to be. Of course there is the chance for you to use what talents God or fate or whatever you believe in gives you, but truth is we will get out of life in direct proportion what we put into it. If we work hard we will have a better life. Simple fact. If you are derelict in your responses you will lead a less than great life.Just the way it is. In light of this, why do we object to being called what we are? If you are a homosexual what is the problem with that? Are you ashamed of it? I wouldn't think so. I don't know of anyone who is ashamed of what they are.When it is all said and done, we must accept the hand we are dealt. HAVING SAID THAT....
Mr Washington has released a statement that he is grateful for the support of friends and family for being given the opportunity to change his negative actions into into positive results personally and professionally.He is going to concentrate on why he did what he did and concentrate on never ever doing or saying anything like that again.It is unknown whether or not he will actually be admitted for a period of rehabilitation.
The shows Producer, Shonda Rimes, said that Washington's use of such a "disturbing" word was "A shocking and dismaying event" she went on to say " it not only insults gays and lesbians everywhere, but anyone who has ever struggled for respect in a world that is not accepting of differences.
NOW THEN ......... I would like those very same considerations..... I Support our troops in their efforts to bring freedom to all the people of the world.......... accept me.........I support a representative republic form of government........accept me. I support the freedom to think what I want............support me. I also support your freedom to think what you want.........support me....... I suppose I could go on like this ad nauseum but this point is, I suppose lost ....we give more importance to petty things than to our brave young men and women working ,sacrificing potentially all to do things and that is over looked but let some over rated ,over paid actor let slip a little invective and he gotta go to freaking re-hab over it. Damn people gimme a break. I can't believe you make a mountain over this mole hill like this but you won't even take the time to thank a soldier for their efforts.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Seems like the 'big' things in life go unnoticed, huh?

GUYK said...

Yeah but look at all the free publicity they got..I kinda figure that was what it was all about..but then I am a cynic