Wednesday, January 03, 2007

It Had To Happen......

Well I knew it was comming, I knew that it could not continue as it was. There was just no way possible. It was just too damn nice. My baby sis and her hub are being taken to the Amtrack Station as Iwrite this and already the hole in my heart aches. I am considerably older than she and as I remember it, I was about 13 when she came into my life and I rapidly got addapted to her presence. As she grew my affection for her grew in direct porportion to her size. I finally left home and went off to seak my fortune as so many of us did in the sixties and family became, well, less imparitive in my mind. I was in Viet Nam running through the jungles while she was running through the neighbors yards. I managed through those years mostly intact, I came home, married had my own family, and she continued to grow and come into her own. She grew up and moved on and suddenly she was no longer in my life. There was a hole there where once there was a funny tow headed little girl who thought her brother could do no wrong.For the longest time we even lost touch for one reason or another. BUT.
as fate would have it she came back into my sphere of life and I was soooooooo very happy to have her there. We have been close ever since that time once more and I must say it is one of the stellar spots in my otherwise hum drum existance. They spent the holidays with my wife and I this year and it was so good to have them here and I will miss them untill we meet again. Be well Sissie and Brother ...thank you for all you are and what you have come to mean to me. Come back soon

1 comment:

Michele said...

I have 4 sisters (younger) and 1 brother (older) so I know the meaning of being close to your siblings. Family is about the most important thing in life!